Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Priceless Performances

December was a month of performances for the kids.  It started off with our piano recital!  All of the kids did really well and it was a nice recital.  The girls worked hard on their Christmas songs.  Even Annie played a couple songs this year!  She was so quick Shelden didn't get a picture in time.




The girls were also asked to sing with their primary in the Stake Christmas program this year.  They sang Christmas Bells and Alice learned the descant part and played a bell!  Annie and Mary were both in the choir too and their group was a crowd favorite.  If I can figure out how to post the video, I will post it soon.  They performed this song again at the ward Christmas party as well.
Ward Christmas party performance

Alice Angel 
Dylan performed as well!  Head down
behind 2 girls in front row.
We visited Grandma Susan on the same weekend of her piano recital.  So, of course she asked the girls to perform their as well.  It was a very nice recital and the girls received many compliments on their playing.

Grandma Susan helping one of her students

Annie performs "The Old Clock" and
 "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" which Alice taught her!

Mary played "I'll Be Home For Christmas"

Alice played "Santa Claus is Comin to Town"

The kids sang "We wish you a Merry Christmas" at the end.

Refreshments!  The recital was held at Cousin Kelly's home.
We had a special surprise performer come to our neck of the woods this month!  Our new cousin Calli came with her Drama team from Emmett High School to Coeur D' Alene High School to compete at State.  I never knew Drama had competitions!  It was so awesome to be able to go and watch her perform her piece.  I forget what category it was called but she played the part of a single mother with cancer and showed her conflict with Dr. & God over her condition.  She was incredible and it was a very moving performance.  I'm glad we got to see it.  I think her team took 3rd place overall.



Waiting for judges results

Calli's performance made it to the final round!


No comments:

Post a Comment